Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Atletico Madrid - FC Porto: “It is going to be a tough match, but even”


One of the Portuguese players on Atlético de Madrid, Nuno Maniche, attended to the Spanish and Portuguese press alongside his manager, Abel Resino. The midfielder will experience a special encounter, as he played at Porto for three seasons.

“It’s going to be a special match because I spent three very nice years there in which I won everything that a football player can win. It’s a stage of my life that I’m never going to forget. Now I’m at Atlético de Madrid and I’m professional, so I belong to these colours. Obviously I’m going to do everything I can to beat Porto,” said the international footballer.

Maniche revealed some of the secrets of the Portuguese team. “They’re a great team and have very good individuals. I’m sure that it’s going to be a tough match, but even,” he argued.

“Porto is a side that is used to a competition such as Champions League. The game on Tuesday is going to be very important for both teams. We both have chances of winning and we’re going to use our weapons,” he emphasized.

When asked whether there have been many changes at Porto since he left the Portuguese squad, Maniche assured that “there are still three or four players from the time I was there, but the foundation of the team is still the same. If I score, I won’t celebrate it. We’re two teams with lots of desire in this competition and with lots of motivation."

Nuno Maniche didn’t want to miss out on the chance to send a message of support to the family of the young ‘Alevín’ (one of the youth system teams) players who had an accident on 21 February in Las Rozas and said that “we’re very sad about that piece of news. I want to send the family a hug and we’re hoping for a miracle. We want to beat Oporto to dedicate a victory to him.”

Source: Atlético Madrid Press

No comments: